Below is a list of forms for Applied Physics students at Rice. Please make sure that you bring all completed and signed forms to Carol Lively, 301 Space Science, so a copy can be kept with your file.
Candidacy Information and Forms
- What is Candidacy?
- Thesis Committee
- Candidacy Petition Instructions
- Master's Candidacy Petition
- Doctoral Candidacy Petition
- Request for Extension of Time of Candidacy or Defense
- Thesis Embargo Request - This delays publication of your thesis after submission and is now completed via thesis.rice.edu when you submit your thesis. See the GPS FAQs for more details.
Thesis Instructions and Forms
- Thesis Defense Instructions
- Thesis Defense and Admission Guidelines (PDF)
- Webform for Announcing Thesis Defense
- Request for Extension of Time to Defense
The Candidacy, Thesis, and more forms can be found in the form library on the Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies (GPS) website at http://graduate.rice.edu/forms. Please refer to the GPS site for additional information.
NOTE: If you request an extension of time to candidacy and your defense will not be completed by your specified time boundary, you need to also request an extension of time to defense.
When submitting your thesis online at http://thesis.rice.edu, please use the following information for the Affiliation section
- School: Interdisciplinary
- Graduate Program: Applied Physics
- Degree: either M.S. (Master of Science) or Ph.D. (Doctoral) depending on which degree you are having conferred at the time.
Other Forms and Instructions
- Research Affiliation & Project Proposal
use to affiliate with a research group and advisor (if you are changing advisor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the form)
- Transfer Credit Requests
- Office of the Registrar Instructions
- Credit Transfer Requests
- Office of the Registrar Information
- Special Registration Request Form
- Convert a course to/from Pass/Fail to a Standard Letter Grade
- Pass/Fail Option - see Graduate Student Guidelines for ESTHER instructions