Graduate Students: Conducting Research at Rice
- Is Research time required for my degree?
Yes, research time will be required for your Ph.D. degree in Applied Physics. The extent of your research will be determined with the APP Chair, Applied Physics Curriculum and Admissions Committee and your advisor.
- Am I eligible to receive pay for research conducted or services provided to Rice?
Your faculty advisor and his/her research group are responsible for funding student stipend and research expenses after the first 9 months of study. Details regarding pay will be determined by your advisor and host department.
- What are the rules and policies on conducting Research at Rice?
The University Policies can be found at https://policy.rice.edu
- Can I get VPN access?
Yes, visit https://kb.rice.edu/two-factor-authentication-and-vpn to set up Duo Mobile and Rice VPN
Graduate Students: Professional Development
Applied Physics students are eligible for travel funds through their respective host departments (this is the advisor's department of primary affiliation.)
- Applied Physics International Travel Award
- $2500 for international travel related to research; the award will be given for the duration of funding
- GSA Funding Opportunities
- Take part in the annual SCI Transdisciplinary Symposium and the SCI Annual Summer Colloquium as well to try to win travel gran