Research in SCI/Applied Physics encompasses advanced materials, quantum magnetism, plasmonics and photonics, biophysics and bioengineering, ultracold atom physics, condensed matter and chemical physics, and all aspects of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
SCI-STAR: Student Training for Advising Research A program launched in 2018 that will provide graduate students with the opportunity to propose, plan, and oversee original research projects. Working with the Doerr Institute for New Leaders (DINL), the goal of this program is to develop graduate students as leaders in science, especially in the context of mentorship and group management.
International Research Opportunities - SCI Abroad
- Rice - Beijing Exchange
- Rice - Mainz Exchange
- Rice - Toulouse Exchange
- Applied Physics Toulouse/Mainze Student Scholar Exchange Program
Resources and Facilities
- Electron Microscopy Center
- Weiss School of Natural Sciences Labs, Centers, and Institutes
- Shared Equipment Authority
- Chemistry Stockroom (Department of Chemistry)
- Research Centers and Institutes at Rice University - Complete list
There are an abundance of funding opportunities available, but sometimes the most challenging aspect can be finding them. Rice has many sources to help find funding opportunities and links to several of them are listed below. In addition, there are links to offices that can help you with writing proposals, ensuring you are compliant with all policies, and electronic systems.